yourejustafreaklikeme asked: How would you go about starting a booktube? I'm really interested and would love to get involved x
HI :) I definitely know and understand that it can be scary starting out. You don’t need a fancy camera starting out. If you have a camera that’s great but if you want to use a webcam that’s just as good. I used a webcam alot in my earlier videos as well. When I watch booktube videos, the only thing that’s important is that I can hear you well and it’s not SUPER dark. I don’t need the BEST lighting. That’s like the technical side of it, but really just do it. Honestly, I had been watching booktube videos for like a year and a half and the need to talk about books was overwhelming. The first few videos will be kind of awkward, but that’s expected. Just keep doing it. And don’t worry about the numbers. People will recognize your passion and will watch you for that. If you start one, please message me! I would love to check out your channel! :D Making a booktube channel has literally been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve met so many great people and it’s so amazing to have people to talk to about books and reading!
- 1: Stop asking me how much I spend on my book hauls.
- 2: Stop looking at my receipt--seriously?
- 3: Stop silently judging me because my cart is full.
- 4: What the hell does it matter to you whether I get to read all of my books or not?
- 5: I am a book collector, not a hoarder. There's a difference.
- 6: Yes, I am buying another book. Why do you care?
- 7: No, I don't watch TV a lot because I'd rather be reading. What's wrong with that?
- 8: It's cute that you think that just because I read faster than you, it means I don't fully appreciate books.
- 9: If you're at a bookstore with me, you should know what you're getting yourself into--so don't even TRY to rush me.
- 10: Young Adult books are about more than girls in dresses and vampires. Maybe you should pick one up some day and see for yourself.
- Hey fellow book addicts, do you have anything to vent about? It's Sunday, let go of your stress for the upcoming week!
THIS IS DEFINITELY THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE EVENING
Meryl just pulls J Law onto her lap. I love it.